Or Friendship Week ?? Still, a no……
1) My SMSes are not free which is very bad because I always remember they are being charged on the occasion of ‘Friendship Day’ after having sent almost a dozen and suddenly noticing the drastic decline in my already ‘on the verge of collapsing’ phone balance.
2) Inbox is full of forwards having too much of flora, fauna & emotions. Tough time deleting them later. A simple message with a 1 minute effort is much better than a stupid forward.
Friendship is not a day/week celebration. is it ? It’s a celebration of a lifetime, of every moment, of being blissfully happy for the family that God allows you to choose for yourself.
I celebrate my friendship when –
1) A random thought in between a busy schedule makes me stop all work and take a smiley break (often an ROFL break as well ) … It is when I think “How stupid was that ?” Yet, it somehow made perfect sense that day and it makes perfect sense even today.
2) A random corner of a known street reminds me of some very special moment that I shared with my friend… It is when in that randomness I realize how deeply I understand my friend.
3) I am at my friend’s favourite restaurant having our common favourite food & nostalgic about some very great conversation we had over some extremely silly topic
4) I check out random people walking on the road and suddenly remember how we take our picks among the best ones and do a detailed analysis🙂 … When I remember taking our picks and often fighting over the same ones I and my friend chose… Stupid battles !
5) I doodle at the back of my notebook & make silly circles & loops wishing my friend was there so that we could have had a silent conversation or a knots & crosses game… When in the midst of an extremely boring class I write about my friendship (and posts like this are born)
6) I know that my friend needs me yet I don’t call up because I also know that my friend doesn’t want to talk right now… When I know that when my friend calms down, I will come to know what was wrong because my friend will share it with me🙂
7) I remember every other small little moment, cherish them… When I cherish the presence of beautiful friendships in my life…. It is then when I celebrate my friendship !
With so many things to be celebrated, a day is not enough… JUST NOT ENOUGH !
Friendship is yet another celebration that continues for a lifetime; let’s celebrate🙂